Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

On Feb 21, 2013, at 11:08 AM, Chow Loong Jin wrote:

>That argument applies to any VCS that you don't use on a daily basis. You use
>bzr on a daily basis and forget how to use git. I use git on a daily basis and
>forget how to use svn/bzr and have to relearn it any time someone forces me to
>use one of those. I don't think this is a valid reason for avoiding git.

As you say, this is true of any tool you use only intermittently.  Here's a
fairly good example of the kind of documentation that I think helps bridge the
gap.  It's for Python developers using the Mercurial repo, but it's more than
that.  It describes the common hg commands in the context of the workflow that
core Python committers use.

http://docs.python.org/devguide/committing.html

I can never remember how to do a null merge, but this section answers the
question nicely:

http://docs.python.org/devguide/committing.html?highlight=null%20merge#porting-within-a-major-version

Cheers,
-Barry