Re: PyCon 2013 -- tentative title/abstract/outline -- feedback plz

On Sep 28, 2012, at 09:47 AM, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:

>^^ this is a great idea. It'd be nice if we could prototype a flake8 /
>pyflakes run against the archive, and filter for serious errors

First, we need to get tools like pyflakes ported to Python 3.  It's rather
crazy that pyflakes will complain about print() functions unless you put the
appropriate __future__ import at the top.

(And actually, several of us are threatening to work on just this at the
upcoming UDS-R in Copenhagen.)

>I've (personally) seen a use-case for it, for applications. (btw,
>virtualenvwrapper is much nicer then doing all that voodoo by hand)

And don't forget that virtual environmentalism is built into Python 3.3.

-Barry