Re: PyCon 2013 -- anyone going? ideas for the talks?

With apologies in advance for straying off topic ;-)

On 21 September 2012 14:18, Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> wrote:
>    Previously I have done a similar talk with an accent on a scientific
>    Python stack in Debian [1] which I thought was quite well accepted.

We're having a big discussion on scipy-user at the moment about
formalising a scientific Python stack under the name Pylab. I hope
once it's defined, we'll be able to make a Debian metapackage that
depends on all the relevant components. If you want to get involved in
defining it, please do join the discussion on scipy-user.

> 2. tutorial on "Debian packaging of Python modules/software"

That reminds me: I'm doing a talk (~ 1/2 hour) at my local Python user
group on this topic, so I'd be interested to see any tutorials anyone
has already prepared. I'm not sure I'm really qualified to expound on
it, but I hope that I can give people some kind of mental map of
what's involved.

Thanks,
Thomas