Re: Packaging python-mocker and cloud-init in Debian ?

Le Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:57:34AM -0400, Scott Moser a écrit :

> The grub stuff is only in the ubuntu package, and arguably should be
> separate source from cloud-init entirely.  Basically, it maintains
> /boot/grub/menu.lst without conflicting with grub-pc.

Hi Scott,

it is actually grub-legacy-ec2 that drove my attention to cloud-init.  It looks
like it would be very useful to Debian as well.

I am looking for a solution to create a machine image in a fully autmodated way
with debian-installer.  In my understanding, preseeding 'd-i pkgsel/include
string cloud-init grub-legacy-ec2' (with perhaps extra preseeding for the
packages themselves) would make the image bootable by pvgrub and reachable via
SSH.

This said, I do not mind if the two binary packages come from the same source
package or not.

Before this, I guess the first step is to fix #625481 and get python-mocker in
Sid.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy