Re: pyxs review

* Maykel Moya <mmoya@mmoya.org>, 2012-11-09, 13:44:
I'd advise you not to use a more restrictive license than upstream uses.
Even in the case of the more restrictive license applying only to debian/* work? Could you/someone elaborate a little the implications of this (link to fine documentation is welcomed)?

I couldn't find anything better than this (and I'm too lazy to elaborate in my own words :P):
http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2012/02/gpl_d_debian_software_skew/
"[...] I don't have any issue with packaging in general being release under a different license, because most of it does not get linked or otherwise combined with upstream code. What worries me is that a different packaging license might induce unexpected license mixtures unless the maintainer is very careful. For one thing, debian/patches/ should not be under a different license than upstream software; doing so is dangerous in terms of license incompatibilities and in most cases would also make it very hard if not impossible to push the patch upstream. But that's not the only case, as there might be other Debian-specific code generated during build that might end up being loaded by upstream code."

--
Jakub Wilk