Re: Advise on packaging a new Python module

Thank you very much for your input, Jakub and Dmitry. I'll start working
on those changes right away. And yes, it would be very nice to try and
get a Python3 version up. In fact, I'm quite interested in learning how
to manually write the code, without dh (though I foresee it will take me
some time ;).

About the different versions in the git repository and the upstream
package, that is actually my fault. I checked out the code from the
upstream Mercurial repository and built the tarball myself, hence using
a more recent version than the one in the tarball. It is not, however,
an "official" release. How is this best handled? Should I revert the git
repository so to keep it in sync with the official releases? Also, out
of curiosity, is there ever the case where you will build a package
against a particular build, without it being officially released by
upstream?

Thank you again for your help.