Advise on packaging a new Python module

Greetings.

I've recently joined the Debian Med team, and am currently trying to
package my first project, the CSB bioinformatics toolbox [1]. CSB is
similar to the already packaged Biopython group of modules, but dealing
exclusively with the structural side of bioinformatics. This is the
reason why it seemed like a project for the Med team.

I have already set up the package in a git repository [2], and it seems
to be in pretty good shape, according to Andreas Tille, my mentor.
Laszlo Kajan, a member of the Med team, advised me to ask for help to
the Python team, and particularly to Jakub Wilk, who's helped him in the
past. His suggestion is that if the module is acceptable, it may be
worth it to have the maintainer changed from the Med team to the Python
team.

In any case, I'd be most grateful if you could check the package and
provide any observations that you may come up with.

Thank you in advance.

Tomás

[1] http://csb.codeplex.com
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/python-csb.git