Re: packaging under SVN and branching (unstable/experimental)

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> >question: is there any agreement/policy on how to handle (branch
> >naming convention etc) if we are to maintain multiple versions
> >(e.g. for stable/unstable/experimental).
> Me, myself and I :P all agree that branches should be named after
> version numbers, e.g.:

> $ svn ls svn://svn.debian.org/svn/python-modules/packages/python-docutils/branches/
> 0.5/
> 0.8.1/

ok -- since no other voice was raised -- I would follow the majority of
3 of you:  I looked into python-docutils, trunk now tracks the
experimental and I guess versioned branches would be dedicated to
corresponding fixes to be uploaded to unstable/stable whatever...

So I just followed your scheme and postponed any fancy branching -- just
progressed the trunk to 0.16-1 uploaded to experimental ;)   now will
wait for dcommit to finish and will tag it...

> However, using codenames (e.g. lenny, squeeze, squeeze-backports)
> seems to be more popular amongst people who are not me. :)

when I added "branches fetches"  for my cython's git-svn it found
some elderly squeeze branch from Piotr ;)

Cheers

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences