Re: how to take a public package private?

[Paul Elliott, 2012-05-01]
> This worked as far as moving the python package openastromod
>
> > override_dh_auto_install:
> > 	dh_auto_install -- --install-lib /usr/share/openastromod
>
> I removed the "--install-scripts /usr/share/openastromod" because openastromod
> does not have any user invokable scripts and I do have user invokabe scripts
> not inside openastromod.
>
> But I have a number of questions:
>
> 1)
> How do I tell those scripts about the location of openastromod so they can
> import it? Is the only way to edit the scripts to change sys.path?

which scripts? --install-scripts and debian/links file should be enough
(no need to patch anything)... but you said you don't have any scripts...

> 2)
> The Debian Python policy manual
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/ch-
> module_packages.html
> not so clearly states:
> > Private modules are installed in a private directory such as
> > /usr/share/package-name or /usr/lib/package-name. They are generally only
> > accessible to a specific program or suite of programs included in the same
> > package.
>
> In the above what does package-name mean? Python package-name,  i.e. the
> directory with the __init__.py file, or the debian package?

in documents hosted on debian.org package-name means Debian binary
package, on python.org ones: Python package