Re: how to take a public package private?

Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> writes:

> I'd install them with names like this:
>
> /usr/share/openastro.org/openastromod/__init__.py
> /usr/share/openastro.org/openastromod/swiss.py
> (etc.)
>
> and in the application that needs them, add '/usr/share/openastro.org'
> to the sys.path before you "import openastromod" (or whatever).

Yes, that's what the Debian Python Policy instructs.

What is the best *method* to do this, though? How to best use existing
tools so as not to re-implement this boilerplate task every time such a
package comes along?

Is it the kind of thing best done generically in a Debhelper program and
invoked with a simple parameter? Is it so very similar in every package
of this type that it is best automated?

--
 \            “Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability.” —Edsger W. |
  `\                                                          Dijkstra |