Re: how to take a public package private?

On Tuesday, May 01, 2012 03:14:13 PM Paul Elliott wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 01, 2012 04:15:41 AM Stefano Rivera wrote:
> > Hi Ben (2012.05.01_05:08:17_+0200)
> >
> > > What is the best *method* to do this, though? How to best use existing
> > > tools so as not to re-implement this boilerplate task every time such a
> > > package comes along?
> >
> > The usual way to make a package private is to do something like:
> >
> > override_dh_auto_install:
> > 	dh_auto_install -- --install-lib /usr/share/openastromod \
> >
> > 	                   --install-scripts /usr/share/openastromod
> >
> > Then symlink /usr/share/openastromod/openastromod to
> > /usr/bin/openastromod. python will dereference the symlink when setting
> > up sys.path.
> >
> > SR
>
> This worked as far as moving the python package openastromod
>
> > override_dh_auto_install:
> > 	dh_auto_install -- --install-lib /usr/share/openastromod
>
> I removed the "--install-scripts /usr/share/openastromod" because
> openastromod does not have any user invokable scripts and I do have user
> invokabe scripts not inside openastromod.
>
> But I have a number of questions:

I have a third question: what if my debian package had 2 or more private
python packages?

How would I override dh_auto_install in that case?

Thank You.
--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J