Re: how to take a public package private?

On 30/04/12 09:45, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> I will change that to /usr/share/package-name/module and
> /usr/lib/package-name/module if no one objects
> (adding /usr/share or /usr/lib to sys.path is not a good idea, we don't
> do that so policy should be updated)

Some PyGTK apps seem to make good examples here - virt-manager is an
Architecture:all example (the virtManager Python package is private,
despite being properly namespaced, presumably because it doesn't try to
offer API stability), and guake is an Architecture:any example (with
mostly un-namespaced private Python modules, one of which is native code).

I suspect both use Autotools, though, so looking at their source code
might not be so helpful to setup.py users.