Re: How do I add support for python3 to my package?

On Apr 12, 2012, at 10:09 AM, Paul Elliott wrote:

>On Thursday, April 12, 2012 08:30:41 AM Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by "no python3 program to test it".  You can and
>> should create the Python 3 extension modules.  `apt-get install python3`
>> should do the trick, right?
>
>I mean that I have python 2 programs that use this extension module. So I can
>check that the python 2 extension "works". But I don't have any python 3
>programs that use the python3 extension module.
>
>Under these conditions should I create a python 3 extension, without knowing
>if it "works"?

Does the package itself have a test suite?  If so, try enabling that for both
Python 2 and 3 (using the hints in that wiki page).

If not, then as long as the extension imports, I think it's worth building.
You can't get bug reports on broken modules if the module doesn't exist. :)

-Barry