Re: py.test is not in debian anymore

here a couple of short comments:

- why do you build for all python versions and then only install
  for the default versions?

- in override_dh_auto_test, it would probably be better not to
  introduce your own ENABLE_TESTS flag. you should rely on the
  DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS variable. something like this should do:
  ifeq (,$(filter nocheck,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))

- why did you choose to rename the py.test script for python3 to
  py3.test? I think the upstream convention of having
  py.test-2.6, py.test-2.7, py.test-3.2, etc., seems
  more sensible and also consistent with other packages (see for
  example ipython: ipython2.6 ipython2.7 ...)
  at the end one could have a py.test link to point to the
  py.test-2.x where x is the default (probably 7 for wheezy), and
  same thing for the python3 version, where py.test-3 may point to
  py.test-3.2 on wheezy.

ciao,
tiziano

PS to the list: is this kind of conversation appropriate for
debian-python or should it better stay private to keep the noise level
low?