Re: style guide

* Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>, 2012-02-13, 13:58:
http://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide
* “The package […] should have a working setup.py or setup.cfg file” — err, surely setup.cfg without setup.py is not enough.
it will be enough soon (or was "packaging" released already?)

Well, dh doesn't support it. And the code on wiki explicitly uses setup.py, too.

export http_proxy = http://127.0.0.1:9/
I will use this trick in pymultibuild, thanks

Setting this could possibly affect test suites of various HTTP clients. But then, they should probably sanitize environment on their own, so meh.

(and since I mentioned it in public, now I have to get back into working on it, right? ;)

(Right! :P)

* “debian/*.pyremove […] Again, this does not need a Python 3 version.” - why it's not needed for Python 3?
since all Python 3 versions use the same directory¹ (and PEP402 is not implemented yet), you can use rm command in debian/rules without too many efforts

Sure, _I_ now I can do that differently. But the wiki doesn't say anything about alternatives. So it sounds a bit like if dh_python3 had an AI module that decides which files are needed and which are not, without any hints from humans. ;)

--
Jakub Wilk