Re: RFS: python-carbon / graphite

OoO Lors de  la soirée naissante du samedi 04  février 2012, vers 18:08,
Jonas Genannt <jonas.genannt@capi2name.de> disait :

> I'm searching an sponsor for the python-carbon package. This package is
> required for Graphite (http://graphite.wikidot.com/).

> ITP is field: #651233

> The package is located at svn:

> 	http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-modules/packages/python-carbon/trunk/debian/

> Could any DD please check and upload the package?

After Sandro remark about Twisted, I have  looked a bit at it too:

 1. You create  a user "graphite". If it collides  with an existing user
    name, I expect  the package to be not functional  or worst, to allow
    the existing user  to access data from the package.  To avoid such a
    collision, there are several conventions.  The most common one is to
    use Debian-graphite instead.  The other one is to  use an underscore
    (_graphite).

 2. I don't see the point to check if graphite UID/GID is 0.

 3. For  the Twisted  plugin,  you need  to  have a  triggers file  with
    "activate  twisted-plugins-cache"  to let  the  plugin  cache to  be
    rebuilt.

 4. I  think that there  are some actions  missing in postrm in  case of
    purge.  For  example,  the  content  of  /var/log/carbon  should  be
    deleted. I suppose that this also applies to some other directories.

 5. You  should cleanup the init  script. It contains  comments aimed at
    building it. Moreover, you  should check for VERBOSE variable before
    using echo.
--
Vincent Bernat ☯ http://vincent.bernat.im

#if 0