Re: RFS: python-formalchemy

Hello everyone,

Le 22/08/2011 12:43, Piotr Ożarowski a écrit :
> FormAlchemy (as way too many other Python modules) adds data files
> (images, templates, locales, etc.) to site-packages directory, we try to
> move them to the right location whenever possible,

Could you point me to more info about this?  I haven’t read all of the
Debian Policy yet, just the FHS and the Debian Python Policy (which
states things without giving rationale, unfortunately), so I’d
appreciate pointers.  When we talk about this on python-dev, some people
argue that a Python package should be free to have modules and data
files in its directory, and that putting them in different locations is
arbitrary.  Without going all the way to NextStep-style applications
that are fully contained in one directory with duplicated libraries and
dependencies, which I highly despise, I do see their point.

Regards