Re: Switching to git

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 01:33:45PM -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Mar 06, 2011, at 05:43 PM, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>
> >Do the 2 VCDs you mentioned have clear advantage that make then
> >preferible to git except being Python-based? If so, I think it's a
> >quite weak reason.
>
> Let me turn that around: why would you *not* want to use a Python based dVCS?
> <wink>

I think Debian package maintainer tool support should be considered.

> One reason could be that git is the de-facto standard for Debian.  I guess
> choice of dVCS is the editor-wars of the 2010s, and probably just as silly.

Is there a mature git-buildpackage replacement for mercurial or bazaar?

There is a mercurial-buildpackage but I don't know how feature complete/
comparable to git-buildpackage or svn-buildpackage it is.

How well does debcommit work with mercurial or bazaar?

Regards
Jan

--
Jan Dittberner - Debian Developer