Status of Python at the early devel stage of Wheezy

Hi all,
Wheezy is alive since 3 weeks now, but I ain't see anything moving on
python side (on the contrary, other part of the toolchain is moving
quite fast these days); and I don't mean commits in some "remote" VCS,
I mean really visible stuff to users/developers.

Just to name the more important aspects still missing:

- python policy is severely outdated; the last update was done right
after the freeze (not the most happy timing I think). after that,
nothing (it still advertises to use XB-Python-Version...)

- we are "vividly encouraged" (it's not yet "forced" but we're coming
to it) to use a new helper (dh_python2) which until a bunch of days
ago haven't a manpage, still misses a howto doc to correctly use it
for a new package, and shows it's young age with several
bugs/misbehavior. We all want a single helper, and we want it to work,
don't we? What's the status then?

- no 2.7 in unstable: what are we waiting? the same mess as 2.6 for squeeze?

- no clear guide to provide python3-* packages. Several times already
it was asked before, but still nothing. dh_python3 might be also quite
unstable changing it's interface/behavior quickly, and so what's left
is trying to look at what others are doing, and adapt it to the
current package: that's not how I want it, that's not how a tool
should be released.

Am I missing something?

Call me provocative, call me idiot - I don't care. What I'm simply
saying is that Python is going nowhere, and there's very few signals
of improvements.

All that, IMO.