Re: Request for Review - Nuitka the Python compiler (status update, more questions)

Hello,

So that is it, I don't know anymore of things to do. What about a
manpage, is it considered mandatory?

The man page exists and even has an examples section added for the typical use cases. I am totally surprised at how easy that was. An absolute thumbs up to help2man from here, brilliant.

It's mentioned in the new maintainers guide section about man pages, but I was only reading it after I had the manpages created... ;-)

Also, strangely, I have previously removed the sys.path trick for the package, because "nuitka" was a public package (which it shouldn't really be, but e.g. "mercurial" is too.

It no longer is, but I feel it's not because of anything I did. I re-instated the "LIBDIR" trick, because it now is actually useful, and am left wondering what happened.

Was there some change that affects Debian Testing and python packaging recently? Should I do something about that?

What controls the process of creating links from "/usr/share/nuitka/nuitka" as "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nuitka"?

What should be my next step? :-)

To me the packaging looks finished now. What files do I need to provide for potential sponsors? I suppose, what "debuild -S" gives? I don't get that part at all. Of course I would also like to offer a source package of nuitka in any case.

Please review the .deb and tell me about it:

http://nuitka.net/releases/nuitka_0.3.15pre3-2_all.deb

Yours,
Kay