Re: Two binary from one source - how?

Quoting "anatoly techtonik" <techtonik@gmail.com>:
Nice. But how do you create these install files? Can stdeb tool help with that?

I don't know stdeb, but install files are easyly understood.
See the documenation:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dother.en.html#install

(We're leaving Python related things here, so if you have
more questions, we should move this to debian-mentors or
whatever.)

The master package description can be improved ,)
- This package contains the master, which integrates into Trac.
+ This package contains the master implemented as Trac plugin.

You have commit rights, yes? Please feel free to correct this!

I'd keep full package in master package and strip slave to required
files only. I wonder that will happen with shared files if you install
trac-bitten + trac-bitten-slave and then remove slave? Is Debian smart
enough to detect that these files are still belong to another package?

Files always belong to one package only. That's why I suggested
to put commonly used files into the slave package and let the
trac-bitten package depend on trac-bitten-slave. Alternatively,
common files could be in a "trac-bitten-common" package and both
master and slave depend on it. But in this specific case there
is no advantage in a third package.