Re: Two binary from one source - how?

On 2011-10-13 21:31, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> There is a long standing bug in trac-bitten [1] to make a spin off a
> bitten-slave package from the same source that will include just slave
> client for running builds, which is independent of Trac [2]. Usually,
> you can build bitten-slave with:
>
> python setup.py --without-master install
>
> But how to specify that in debian/rules -
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-apps/packages/trac-bitten/trunk/debian/rules?revision=4711&view=markup
> ?

You don't have to specify anything in debian/rules! :~)

Just change debian/control (I just checked in my working copy,
see r7647). However, one has to have one or two install files
in the debian directory. These determine, which files will go
into which package.

Note: Because master and slave use some Python files in common,
you need these files either in a third package
(trac-bitten-common) or we just keep these files in the slave
package. This only means, that on the master machine also a
slave must be installed, which doesn't hurt size-wise.

Cheers