Re: Python 2.7 for Squeeze?

> virtualenv uses python-support, so to get it to work under 2.7, you'd
> have to change python-support, which means everything else using
> python-support would have to be 2.7 compatible.
>

> Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but this sounds like an impossibly
> big task for doing properly in debian-backports.

I didn't know it is all that complicated and interdependant (and if
something is like that, it maybe should be questioned whether it needs
to be like that - but I leave that to the debian developers).

Meanwhile it sounds like only requiring >= 2.6 for the next release and
just delaying python2.7-based preparation work for python3 compatibility
to a later release is the easier way to go. :|

Hopefully it will be a non-issue then when that stuff is going to be
released. For development it is not a big issue for me as I am using
ubuntu, which has a more fresh python anyway (and I also have
some /usr/local/ manually installed pythons for testing) - I was
primarily concerned about easy release deployment (where many people are
using debian, including me).