Re: Python 2.7 for Squeeze?

Hi Thomas,

On Oct 03, 2011, at 12:15 PM, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

>I guess I could do that, although I'ld prefer some experienced DD or
>developer using debian would do it (I am using ubuntu on my desktops /
>development machines, but I could create some VM, of course).

Not to discourage you working on useful Debian tasks, but if you're using
Ubuntu for development and production, then using Launchpad PPAs might be a
better way to go.

I have and will be maintaining a PPA for providing Python 2.7 to Lucid.  This
is ostensibly so that the Launchpad team can port their code to Python 2.7
independent of porting it to Ubuntu 12.04 (the next LTS).  I don't intend to
support every package, just the ones critical to Launchpad.  However, you can
base your own PPA off of mine and build any additional packages you need
there.

https://launchpad.net/~pythoneers/+archive/lts

Anyway, since this is Ubuntu, it might be better to discuss it further on an
Ubuntu specific mailing list, or you can contact me directly for more
information.

Cheers,
-Barry