Re: [Python-modules-team] Dependencies for python2.6-only packages (best practice)

On Jan 20, 2011, at 07:22 PM, Sandro Tosi wrote:

>Attention: stupid question coming.

Not at all!

>Would it make sense to rename upstream module to importlib3 (to recall
>the fact it's a backport from py3k) and so it would importable also in
>2.7 along with the stdlib 'importlib' module?

I think it would make sense, yes.  Any Python 2 code that uses importlib being
ported to Python 3 would have to be modified, but I'd bet that'll affect oh,
roughly zero existing code bases right now, and it probably would have to do
so anyway. :)

-Barry