Re: [Python-modules-team] Dependencies for python2.6-only packages (best practice)

> Following up #606711, I'd like to ask what's the best way to tailor
> python dependencies for a package when it's content is a backport of a
> future Debian default python (e.g. 2.7) feature?
>
> In the case of importlib, it's inclusion in upstream python started with
> 2.7 but I'd like to provide the backport for at least 2.6.

This is not relevant to the question about the toolchain that you were
asking, but I’d like to point out that importlib in 2.7 is only a subset
of the version in 3.1 (precisely, importlib.import_module only), so
packaging a full backport of importlib makes sense for 2.7 too.

Regards