Re: RFS: Didjvu, Djvusmooth, Ocrodjvu, Pybtex

Hi Daniel (2010.11.06_11:47:14_+0200)
> > argparse is part of the standard library in Python 2.7. A dependency on
> > python (>= 2.7) | python-argparse is probably preferable.
>
> Allright.

I suppose that's not necessary, Jakub had a good point that python will
probably provide python-argparse when 2.7 is the default version. That
appears to be how previous transitions (without renames) into the stdlib
were handled.

> Didn't get it. It says: "This work was packaged for Debian by Daniel Stender" and also states the
> license of both the upstream and the packet. I was following again maint-guide (5.2) with details.

I'm saying you should add something like:
| The Debian packaging is (C) 2010, Daniel Stender
| <daniel@danielstender.com> and is licensed under the GPL v2, see above
or use DEP-5, with a "Files: debian/*" section. Your Licence block looks
like it was copied from another debian/copyright file that used DEP5.
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

> Yes, great! I've got problems with "dh $@" that without the lib path
> the modules were considered to be public, now it works.

Well, it installs, as Jakub also pointed out, you'll need a patch or
your own wrapper to get Python to find the private module.

> But without my links the executeable resides in /usr/share/bin, isn't
> that substandard?

Hmm, I don't see that, but you haven't committed your changes to the
repo yet, so I can't look at the code you are working with.

> Please, one more towards the procedure of updated already tagged stuff: svn commit or again
> debcommit? Then svn copy /trunk /tags/0.2.1-1?

I debcommit when I've made changes to debian/changelog (i.e. when I
first make a change). If I have to go back and fix something which
hasn't been published yet, then there won't be a changelog entry, so I
have to provide my own commit message with svn commit.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/