Re: RFS: Didjvu, Djvusmooth, Ocrodjvu, Pybtex

Thanks Stefano for checking the packets and for the precious pointers (for most of the issues it's
hard to find comprehensive documentation).

On 05.11.2010 20:46, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> As a not-yet-DD I can't upload, but here's a review.
>
> First, we don't tag releases until they are uploaded. You can leave the
> changelog entry as UNRELEASED, and the sponsor will fix that and tag on
> upload.

I was following maint-guide 4.3 with that: "distribution should be either unstable (or even
experimental) [16]" - but I was wondering about this anyway. Thanks for the pointer! I've fixed that
for all packages.

>> /python-apps/packages/didjvu/tags/0.2.1-1/		initial release of 0.2.1

>> Depends: ${misc:Depends}, ${python:Depends}, python-imaging, libdjvulibre21 (>= 3.5.21), python-argparse
>
> I'd suggest wrapping that (after every comma is quite neat).
>
> argparse is part of the standard library in Python 2.7. A dependency on
> python (>= 2.7) | python-argparse is probably preferable.

Allright.

> The description could probably be broken into a couple of shorter
> paragraphs.

Mhmm, too long? .... o.k.

> debian/copyright mentions jwilk, but not you. You should state the
> licencing of your packaging.

Didn't get it. It says: "This work was packaged for Debian by Daniel Stender" and also states the
license of both the upstream and the packet. I was following again maint-guide (5.2) with details.

> Also, you BD on debhelper >= 7, but use an override, which requires
> debhelper >= 7.0.50~.

Fixed.

> debian/rules: Not a fan of dh $@?
> I'm guessing you misunderstood my message on this topic, as you are
> totally avoiding the setup.py and using dh_install + dh_link to install
> files.
> I think the following debian/rules will do what you want (and you won't
> need debian/install or debian/links any more):
>
> ============================
> #!/usr/bin/make -f
> %:
> 	dh $@
>
> override_dh_auto_install:
> 	dh_auto_install -- --install-lib /usr/share/didjvu
> ============================

Yes, great! I've got problems with "dh $@" that without the lib path the modules were considered to
be public, now it works. But without my links the executeable resides in /usr/share/bin, isn't that
substandard?

> For new packages, you should probably consider using dh_python2 instead
> of python-support. The eventual plan is to migrate all Python packages
> to it.

Yes definitely. I've followed Piotr's presentation at debconf 2010 on this. I would like to to put
that on the agenda for further work on that.

>> /python-apps/packages/djvusmooth/tags/0.2.8-2/

> Predates you, but "djvusmooth is a graphical editor for DjVu
> files, which allows to:" isn't correct English grammar. ..."which allows
> one to" would be better.

Fixed.

> You probably want to add yourself to debian/copyright (even if you
> haven't made any significant modifications yet). This applies to all the
> packages.

Ah yes sure ... just overseen it. Fixed everywhere.

>> /python-apps/packages/ocrodjvu/tags/0.4.6-3		closes important bug #600539 in testing

> My previous argparse comment still applies, but this is aimed at squeeze
> which doesn't have python2.7, so you don't need to do this yet (but
> consider it for the trunk, please).

Allright.

>> /python-apps/packages/pybtex/tags/0.14.1-1		new upstream release

> I see some trailing whitespace in debian/changelog.
> Mixed tabs and spaces in debian/postinst (naughty jwilk)

All fixed and refreshed (so, everything else seem to be alright I'll guess).

Please, one more towards the procedure of updated already tagged stuff: svn commit or again
debcommit? Then svn copy /trunk /tags/0.2.1-1?

Greetings,
Daniel Stender