Re: Add Python3 support to python-support packages: howto?

[Sandro Tosi, 2010-09-16]
> From recent uploads, it seems that a proper python3 stack (i.e.
> interpreter, -default and helper tools) is still a work-in-progress:
> am I wrong on this? can we start to provide third-party modules py3k
> binary packages without having to change several other times how the
> packaging is done? If it's still and on-going effort, do you have any
> estimate when it will converge to a usable state?

ask release managers to announce freeze few months in advance next time
instead of *after* the freeze (so that *all* transitions can be planned
in a sane way) and then I will not ask you to test things written last
night (yeah, I have day job and real life as well)

You can always postpone your work until after Squeeze release.