Re: Python 2.7 status on Ubuntu Maverick

* Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org>, 2010-07-26, 15:38:
   https://launchpad.net/~pythoneers/+archive/py27stack4/+packages

As you can see there are a few build failures here, but at least one of them
is bogus I think[1].  I'm still evaluating the others and would appreciate any
additional input or feedback you might be able to provide.

gnome-python-desktop, kdebindings, and twisted-* are depwaits; obviously nothing to do with Python 2.7.

libvigraimpex, pygtk, qscintilla2 failed to build because their build-dependencies didn't provide modules for Python 2.7.

I can reproduce FTBFSes of pyao, pygobject, vte by rebuilding Ubuntu packages in sid environment; therefore these failures are not python2.7-specific. Also, sid versions of these packages can be built just fine (in sid).

Failure of python-numpy is related to Python 2.7. This bug seems to be fixed in Numpy 1.4.1, so again Debian is not affected. (We have funnier issues with Numpy instead. ;>)

--
Jakub Wilk