Re: Documenting Python Debuntuisms

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:57:08AM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> So: do you think this is a good idea?  If so, where should this information
> go?  I'm not sure Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam or Teams/PythonModulesTeam are
> really the best place for this.
>
> Suggestions?

Mostly as an outsider, I suggest to have the documentation *also* in the
(most appropriate) package, under /usr/share/doc/.../. Maybe it is
already there, but if you're considering adding more documentation, I
believe it should be in the package too.

Being consistently documented was one of the reason of the Debian birth
and still have a whole lot of value. For instance, it is invaluable when
users are offline and it enables users to track more easily bug reports
they file against the doc.

Just my 0.02€,
Cheers.