Documenting Python Debuntuisms

We had a report in upstream Python from a user who was trying to find
information about dist-packages.  He did a Google search and didn't find any
definitive official explanation of this Debuntuism.  His suggestion was to add
a note to the official Python documentation, but that doesn't seem quite right
to me.

I think it would be better to have official documentation on wiki.debian.org[1]
about issues of interest to Python developers on Debian and Ubuntu.  This
would be a user-oriented set of pages, not a developer set of pages.  Things
like dist-packages and probably that python-setuptools gives you distribute
would be two things to start with.  I'm sure there are others.

So: do you think this is a good idea?  If so, where should this information
go?  I'm not sure Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam or Teams/PythonModulesTeam are
really the best place for this.

Suggestions?
-Barry

[1] I'd probably add a page to wiki.ubuntu.com, mostly pointing it at the
wiki.debian.org page, but filling in anything where Ubuntu deviates from
Debian.  Not sure yet where that would go either...