Re: Python and python3 as separate runtime systems

* Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com>, 2010-05-26, 17:43:
I means that the support tools for Python 3 should run in Python 3 As an example, I've done a first cut at py3versions:

http://www.kitterman.com/debian/

Some remarks:

- We probably want to get rid of "try: ... except ImportError: ..." compatibility tricks.

- Using floating point arithmetic to compare versions is a bad idea.

- "# compatibility functions to parse debian/py3versions", but as far as I can
see debian/py*versions is not parsed at all. I'm not sure if Josselin will be happy with that...

- There is some code to parse XB-Python-Version, but it's apparently dead. Do we need this code? Or more generally, do we need XB-P-V at all?

--
Jakub Wilk