Re: Python versions for Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat)
thanks for your interest for Debian too :)
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 23:50, Barry Warsaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On May 18, 2010, at 02:30 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>>We did make the assumption that by the time 2.7 is released Debian will be in
Even if it won't be in freeze yet, it will soon to be, so it doesn't
change that much
> Yep. I heard rumors of a June-ish freeze, but I guess nothing official has
> yet been decided.
Nothing written in stone, but near june yes. Funny that it's the
python2.6 transition what's currently delaying the freeze..
I don't think we can include 2.7 in Debian supported versions for
squeeze, maybe just as a "playground" for squeeze+1.
>>Another important point that I think deserves more emphasis is that we agreed
>>that the testing done in Ubuntu for 2.7, will also be done against the Debian
>>archive as well. There was a strong consensus in the group that Ubuntu should
>>take great care to avoid doing anything that would accrue a technical debt
>>that has to be paid in Debian (I found this a notable change from similar
>>discussions in previous release cycles).
> I completely agree. I've added some emphasis to the previously mentioned wiki
Ideally transitions should start in Debian and lend "for free" in
ubuntu, but I understand that for 10.10 we can't make Debian the
environment for 2.7 transition :)
Sandro Tosi (aka morph, morpheus, matrixhasu)
My website: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/
Me at Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/SandroTosi