Re: Python2.4 has been removed, now what for Zopistas and Plonistas? [ADDENDUM]

On Apr 27, 2010, at 06:32 PM, Toni Mueller wrote:

>I'm not sure about how much the changes in the infrastructure would be
>an obstacle, or prevent this from happening (didn't check yet), and I
>don'tknow how the group thinks about the political and/or personal
>issues involved, either. What I do see is that it will most likely
>almost impossible to provide security support for Python 2.4 if
>upstream decides to stop providing these (Barry?).

Officially, Python 2.4 is EOL.  The last release was 2.4.6 on 2008-12-19 and
it was a source-only release.  Even security patches will only be provided if
there's someone motivated enough to do it, which for a release as old as 2.4
is doubtful.

-Barry