Re: Python2.4 has been removed, now what for Zopistas and Plonistas? [ADDENDUM]

Hi,

I forgot to ask what'd be the best way to go forward for Plonistas?

I really think that there should be some time for Plonistas to upgrade,
which the current scheme does not allow for.

I see the following options:

* Compile everything from source, including Python 2.4

  So far, Debian's Python packaging in Lenny made it very easy to run
  Plone, much easier than on most other platforms. I'd like to keep it
  that way.

* Provide a set of Python 2.4 packages, maybe via deb-ports, or via
  someone's home page

* Provide a set of Python 2.4 packages via 'main'

I'm not sure about how much the changes in the infrastructure would be
an obstacle, or prevent this from happening (didn't check yet), and I
don'tknow how the group thinks about the political and/or personal
issues involved, either. What I do see is that it will most likely
almost impossible to provide security support for Python 2.4 if
upstream decides to stop providing these (Barry?).

If there are no principal objections, I might try to adopt one or other
of these packages.

Kind regards,
--Toni++