Re: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system foo.egg-info/SOURCES.txt

Adam <Adam.Schmalhofer@gmx.de> writes:

> We can end this discussion. Upstream (the experts) replied to my bug
> report[1]. They are going to delete the entire foo.egg-info directory
> (on setup.py clean). setuptools/distribute at the moment doesn't have
> any cleanup functionality. setup.py clean currently is from python's
> (standard library module) distutils and hence doesn't clean up after
> setuptools/distribute's additions/mess.

Man, I'm *so* glad the build system is finally getting some love and
attention. I don't envy the job of the Distribute developers, of
providing a migration path from the madness of existing Setuptools
builds.

I'll follow up in the bug report. Thanks for passing on this update.

--
 \      “By instructing students how to learn, unlearn, and relearn, a |
  `\         powerful new dimension can be added to education.” —Alvin |