Re: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system foo.egg-info/SOURCES.txt

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:

> Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> (15/01/2010):
> > Now, this is a “pedantic”-level tag, but it does seem valid: the
> > SOURCES.txt file is in fact modified from the original upstream
> > source.
>
> Just rm it in clean?

But that would also result in a change from the original upstream
source. No?

> > Can I prevent this from happening, perhaps by an option to the
> > Setuptools procedure? If not, can I recover from this result during
> > the Debian packaging?
>
> IIRC, that setuptools stuff should just be able to recreate that file
> if it doesn't exist?

But AIUI, the modifications are needed in the resulting installation.

The build process adds extra entries to the file, that weren't already
there in the source version of the file; a ‘setup.cfg’ entry in the case
of ‘python-daemon’ which I just examined.

--
 \           “Kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray.” —anonymous |
Ben Finney