Re: Questions about PAPT and the uploading process

OoO En  cette matinée pluvieuse du  samedi 16 janvier  2010, vers 10:49,
Umang <umang.me@gmail.com> disait :

>> $ sudo chroot sid /usr/bin/apt-get
>> [sudo] password for umang:
>> apt 0.7.25 for i386 compiled on Dec 15 2009 09:26:47
>> Usage: apt-get [options] command
>> apt-get [options] install|remove pkg1 [pkg2 ...]
>> apt-get [options] source pkg1 [pkg2 ...]
>>
>> apt-get is a simple command line interface for downloading and
>> installing packages. The most frequently used commands are update
>> and install.

> Since it appears that apt-get was downloaded and installed properly by
> debootstrap, how do I find where pbuilder is going wrong? Shall I try
> the upgrade 'etch' to 'sid' method? Also, can I somehow get pbuilder
> to try to use the sid folder that I got debootstrap to download,
> because I know apt-get in that appears to work fine.

Since debootstrap works,  you can also just debootstrap  sid and work in
it. This could be a short-term workaround until you find why pbuilder is
unable to build the initial chroot.
--
BOFH excuse #71:
The file system is full of it