Questions about PAPT and the uploading process

Hello all,

I have recently joined the PAPT team and plan to upload a python application that I am working on. I have a few questions about the the uploading process.

1. I have read http://python-apps.alioth.debian.org/policy.html. It doesn't seem to indicate anything about filing an ITP. In all the RFSs I have seen here, there is an ITP mentioned. Do I need to file an ITP before I make an RFS? The package I am looking to upload is a new package and I am currently the only one working on it upstream.

2. The RFSs and (if I am going to need to file one) ITPs seem to have a template that I cannot find. Am I missing some part of the processes or does everyone copy it from the previous posts?

3. I am using Ubuntu and have managed to make binary and source packages on Ubuntu successfully. I also maintain a PPA for this package and my source packages have compiled on the servers also. I have read that before I make an RFS, I should ensure that I am able to compile on Debian. Do I need to have Debian running as well? (With only 5 GB of space left on my 40 GB hard drive, it's going to be hard for me to get Debian)

4.    Do I have to put my debian dir on the svn repo before I make an RFS?

5. lintian complains about my not using my full name in the package. Is that necessary? Is it bad if I use only my first name?

Thank you,

Umang