Re: Questions about PAPT and the uploading process

On 10/01/10 13:14, Vincent Bernat wrote:
It seems that debootstrap was not that successful. Try:
  sudo mkdir sid
  sudo debootstrap sid sid http://ftp.XX.debian.org

Then check that sid/usr/bin/apt-get exists.

Which version of Ubuntu are you using?
I just tried debootstrap and found sid/usr/bin/apt-get exists. sid/usr/bin/apt-get gave me:

$ sid/usr/bin/apt-get
sid/usr/bin/apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libapt-pkg-libc6.9-6.so.4.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

debootstrap ended with "I: Base system installed successfully."

I'm using 9.10 (Karmic).

Could this be the cause? (From Ubuntu Wiki's PbuilderHowto page)

There will be sometimes where running sudo pbuilder create will fail to create a base tarball. This normally occurs only when creating base tarballs for development versions of Ubuntu or Debian (for example, Debian sid). These are development versions and it is best to wait and try at a later date to create a base tarball. It can be days however (sometimes weeks) until creating a base tarball will be successful for these development versions. In the meantime you could create a base tarball for an older version of Ubuntu or Debian and update the tarball to the development version instead.

Thank you,

Umang