Work on a current Debian Python policy (was: Lintian warnings for Python packaging?)

Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org> writes:

> Scott Kitterman ha scritto:
> > Since we currently lack anything like a maintained Python policy, I
> > think this is putting the cart before the horse. […]

> […] we could wait for the new policy to be drafted, I'm not sure when
> this will happen, though.

I don't know if anyone has even taken the reins for this recently.

The last time I knew someone was actually developing a Debian Python
policy was when Manoj Srivastava was drafting a document to help record
some of the ad hoc practices he observed, and that work appears to have
ceased sometime in 2006.

The Debian wiki page on the topic, though no doubt useful to some
extent, seems more a collection of tips than an attempt at a policy.

Is there a silent Debian Python policy drafter out there who would like
to step forward? Or is this work now moribund?

--
 \             “The greater the artist, the greater the doubt; perfect |
  `\       confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation |