Re: Lintian warnings for Python packaging?

Scott Kitterman ha scritto:
>> * E: Don't hard-code {site,dist}-packages
>> * E: Python files in incorrect python2.?/{site,dist}-packages directory
>
> Since we currently lack anything like a maintained Python policy, I think
> this is putting the cart before the horse.  Particularly any Error level
> tags should, IMO, have some basis in policy.

Speaking of the error tags, this is not policy, but rather how things
are handled packaging side. Packages won't work properly if files are
stored in a wrong directory, and since we probably release with both 2.5
and 2.6, chances are high to make some errors not easily discoverable at
build time. That is worth the severity, IMHO.

For the rest, I agree they're not based on policy but on a wiki page, we
could wait for the new policy to be drafted, I'm not sure when this will
happen, though.

--

  .''`.
 : :' :   Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>