Re: Unit tests

"W. Martin Borgert" <debacle@debian.org> writes:

> Quoting "anatoly techtonik" <techtonik@gmail.com>:
> > Even if most users don't need them, tests greatly increase the value
> > of bugreports and doesn't bloat python packages too much.
>
> True. What do other people think of the issue?

I think the judgement of “not bloat the package too much” is to be made
with consideration of those users striving for a small system as their
primary concern, e.g. those trying to install onto embedded systems with
minimal storage.

Also, the dependencies of a package that includes unit tests are
generally greater; a significant amount of Python package unit test
suites require additional packages, e.g. ‘python-nose’, that are not
dependencies for the normal operation of the package.

--
 \      “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… |
  `\    It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in |