Re: Unit tests

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM, W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting "anatoly techtonik" <techtonik@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Python policy is silent about unit tests. Should they be stripped? Or
>> should they be Debianized or left as-is?
>
> Just my opinion: Unit tests should be in the source package, but not
> in the binary package. Most users don't need them, and if somebody
> wants to try them, they can easily fetch the source package.

Even if most users don't need them, tests greatly increase the value
of bugreports and doesn't bloat python packages too much.

> Btw. What's wrong with trac-accountmanager? It does work for me.

Nevermind. I've forgot to enable it in config when switched from local
.egg to global version installed with aptitude.

Now I'm struggling with TracDeveloper plugin that doesn't want to
drill down data in template debugger.

--
anatoly t.