Re: XS-Python-Version vs pyversions

Hi Steve,
I don't think that keep accusing the only (and really) active python
helper developer would help anyone, you made your statement pretty
clear already :)

Additionally, please consider that:

- if python-central was good, I don't think there would have been any
need for an additional helper
- if python-support is that bad, I don't think that developers would
have used, and chosen to be the default|suggested|preferred|etc one.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 05:21, Steve Langasek<vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 01:49:06AM +0700, Mikhail Gusarov wrote:
>
>> Twas brillig at 11:37:50 07.09.2009 UTC-07 when vorlon@debian.org did gyre and gimble:
>
>>  SL> They were part of the design that came out of the python packaging
>>  SL> BoF in DebConf 6 that you then proceeded to ignore entirely.
>
>> Is this design and rationale written down somewhere? It's hard to follow
>> policy which contains completely opaque requirements.
>
> No,

ehm... so how are you expecting external people to evaluate your
statement? a "either you're at that BoF or stick to what I'm telling
now" it's unacceptable. Keep things secrets does not help anyone.

Moreover, could you please tell us how the release team exactly used
the XS-P-* fields so far? Real examples, not "we used them, don't
worry", are appreciated.

> it's pretty much bitrotted away by now thanks to people deciding to
> discard all the efforts of the session in question and unilaterally
> implement helpers that don't do what was asked for.

Now, if you really think that the only culprit here is pysupport
developer, then maybe your opinion are a bit biased.

Yes, I would really like to have the ultimate python helper, just one,
but now the only one elegible to this status is python-support. And
you want to know why? because python toolchain maintainer is
neglecting his activities in Debian (and we all sadly know that).

So, if you /really/ want to accuse someone, you should better
reconsider your target.

Oh, good morning everyone (@7.30AM) :)

Regards,