Re: Trac team almost dead?

Christoph Egger wrote:

> 	I have some of the trac-plugins ITA/ITPed and would probably consider
> following trac itself into one of the python Teams. However I wonder how
> the $VCS will be handled, throwing away trac's git history doesn't sound
> like a good idea to me.
>
> 	As my packages have (following trac itself) a git history and the one
> I've ITA-ed has some HG history I'm interested in what the team thinks
> so I can decide if / what to move in.

We're thinking about migrating the modules/apps teams repositories to git for a
long time, actually there is even a plan (at least in my head) to make it
possible to have modules in git or svn while still being able to checkout all of
them in a useful way, but that means writing new code, and I didn't have the
time to do so yet.

Dropping the history doesn't make sense indeed, so I'm not sure what the best
way to handle this is *now* - on the long run I;m sure we'll find a way to
include it properly.

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79