Re: Getting stuck into apps-team and modules-team

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 16:09, Jonathan
Wiltshire<debian@jwiltshire.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 03:00:15PM +0100, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>> I've looked at a few packages in the repositories for these teams, but I'm
>> reluctant to start making changes without making sure it's not going to
>> upset anybody :)
>
> And of course, I was bound to forget something. Last question: what is the
> consensus on deep packaging changes,

check with the current "real" guy behind the package, it's the safest way.

> like (examples) dpatch/quilt,

I'd say dpatch - it's easier to use it in SVN

> cdbs/debhelper/dh,

I strongly encourage to use debhelper, and others do the same

> python-central/python-support and so on?

python-support is what we're standardizing on, so feel free to migrate
to pysupport is you stumble upon a pycentral package.

(+ 18 others line of signature) ditto.

Ah, a nice communication medium is IRC: if you like, you can find us
at #debian-python on irc.debian.org OFTC network.