Re: Migrating unmanaged Python library extension from ‘python-central’ to ‘python-support’

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:

> Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> (14/04/2009):
> > As per bug#523965 <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/523965>, I'm attempting
> > to migrate the ‘docutils-manpage-writer’ package from using
> > ‘python-central’ to using ‘python-support’.
>
> *-writer-manpage, actually.

Yes, thanks for the correction.

> > I'm not very familiar with using ‘python-support’, so I'm not clear
> > what I need to change in these rules. Where do I need to install the
> > library files for them to be properly discovered by ‘dh_pysupport’?
>
> Put them into /usr/lib/python*/site-packages, as documented in its
> manpage?

What, though, is ‘python*’ here? Remember, this is specifically for a
module that (at present) has no build system upstream; the code is
“installed” by manually copying files.

> I'm attaching a source debdiff with various things that should help
> you reach some working package.

Thanks, I will look at that for some guidance.

--
 \      “If we have to give up either religion or education, we should |
  `\              give up education.” —William Jennings Bryan, 1923-01 |