Re: Developer workflow and DVCS (was: Leaving DPMT?)

* David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> [2009-02-28 20:22:46 +0900]:

> I have never used stacked branches, but are you sure you can only
> branch the repository data related to a subset of the working tree
> only ? My understanding is that bzr stacked branches are useful to
> avoid downloading the whole history, but that you still need to get
> the whole project. I think it would be very difficult to support the
> usual features of DVCS without it ?

If you don't want the project history, then you can use lightweight
checkouts, which are essentially equivalent to SVN checkouts (you get a
local working copy, but no local branch or repository).